When we first started connecting with the community it was difficult to understand where exactly we could donate time or join membership programs to help our community. We made an easy to read list!
Now is the time to get involved in your community please take advantage of these wonderful opportunities.
Village of Wappingers Falls Committees – Call (845) 297-8773 to find out more or ask us!
These groups exist in The Village of Wappingers Falls and at the start of 2021 you can request to join these groups. In April The Village of Wappingers Falls appoints volunteers to these committees. Feel free to reach out to us as we have experience volunteering and can point you in the right direction.
Parks + Recreation – There are several events throughout the year that the village holds that require ideas and volunteers. This is a great opportunity to get involved, work on fun events, and get to know your neighbors!
Don’t wait to get involved, the Lake and Recreation committee meet the third Monday of the Month at 7 Spring St Wappingers Falls at 7pm.
Volunteer opportunities include, but are not limited to:
- Fall events including Halloween and Christmas Parade – Opportunity to help with logistics, contact venders, assist with parade participants past volunteers always say it is a lot of fun!
- Village of Wappingers Falls will celebrate its 150th Birthday! SW Johnson Fire Company will also be celebrating a significant milestone as well. Opportunity to help with the celebration.
- Park cleanups
- Music / Movies in the Park
- Discussions on Bain Park the all abilities playground in the works. Opportunity to be involved and share input- It would be great to have more families with children involved in these meetings.
Do any of these sound fun to you!?! Be sure you reach out to the village email Recreation Director email@example.com or contact us to be put in touch.
Village of Wappingers Falls Economic Development Committee – There are several initiatives being focused on by the Economic Development Committee that need members of the community to join in!
The WFEDC focuses on public spaces and other important projects.
Consider joining this group if:
- You are interested in the public spaces including the tiny Cobbler Shop on West Main, The Boathouse on Creek Road, The Amphitheater on West Main, and Franny Reese Park.
- If you are curious and want to help with things like parking, trash cans, benches, this is a good place to start!
- If you want to improve the overall signage, village branding, marketing for the village giving it more of a village feel when you drive through this is the place to contribute.
- If you want better connectivity from Metro North Train Station to The Village of Wappingers Falls.
If this sounds exciting to you and you can lend your expertise or simply join in the discussion don’t wait to get involved, the WFEDC meet the last Monday of the Month at 7 Spring St Wappingers Falls at 7pm. You can also email the Chair for more information: Trent Atkinson firstname.lastname@example.org
Do you have experience with 501(c)(3)? Then get in touch! There is an opportunity to start a “Friends Of” 501(c)(3) as many neighboring communities have had a lot of success with this approach to make a big difference in the community. Contact us for more details if this would be something of interest to you! It wouldn’t be affiliated with Wappingers Rises we can simply point you in the right direction.
Unrelated to The Village of Wappingers Falls directly here are some other ideas that make a big impact on your community!
Additional opportunities to get involved:
Meals on Wheels – Learn more and sign up here https://www.mealsonwheelsamerica.org/americaletsdolunch
Fareground – Feeding the community and Placing Tiny Food Pantries throughout our communities including outside the Methodist Church in The Village of Wappingers Falls. Learn more and sign up here
HV Food Bank – Learn more here
Membership and Other Programs Giving back to the community
Rotary of Wappingers Falls –Membership. Learn more and sign up here
Wappingers Falls Business and Professional Association – Membership. Mission and membership info
- Festival at the Falls, Dutchess County St. Patrick’s Day Parade, Business District Planting and Watering (Flowers), Ribbon Cutting, Clean Sweep, Christmas Parade and Tree Lighting, Business of the month
Wappingers Rises – No membership. Sharing all the village has to offer. Stories, Business Spotlights, History, Current events and more. Find us on Social Media and participate with hashtag #wappingersrises and @wappingersrises
Wappingers Volunteers - Together we can make a difference. The first project tackles Welcome signs and Village Discussion Boards - read more here. Email Wappingersvolunteers@gmail.com to get involved.
This is an evolving document please contact us to be added to the list at: email@example.com